Apr 22, 2010

Strange Weather

In my 31 years I have never seen a day like today! Mind you I live in New England where the weather motto is "Don't like the weather? Wait a minute and it will change"....this was nothing like I have ever seen before!

It was gorgeous and in the 70s, the kids were all outside in shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops. It was the perfect spring day, until we heard some rumbling in the distance. I called the kids in because you never know when lightening will strike...and we had just watched a video last week about how dangerous spontaneous lightening can be....they were not very happy with me, but once the thundering got closer and the lights started flickering they were more than happy to hide under the table with cookies and blankets covering them. They were even happier when they heard this incredible binging sounds coming from the back deck and looked out to see -

HAIL, HAIL and MORE HAIL!!! I have never seen hail like this here! Just another wacky day in New England!

No comments: